Near-infrared fluorescent protein NirFP
- Near-infrared fluorescence with emission maximum at 670 nm
- Extremely high photostability
- Fluorescent signal is easily distinguished from background fluorescence
- Recommended for multicolor applications
Recommended filter sets and antibodies
NirFP can be recognized using Anti-tRFP antibody (Cat.# AB233) available from Evrogen.
The optimal excitation/emission ranges for NirFP visualization are:
excitation: 560-620 nm
emission: 630-850 nm
Therefore, many common filter sets used for visualization of red and far-red fluorescent proteins, Texas Red, Allophycocyanin and Cy5 (wide excitation), can be used with NirFP as well.
The recommended filter sets for gathering the maximal signal from NirFP alone:
Chroma Technology Corp.: 11010v2 Yellow, 41024 Cy5 Longpass Emission
Semrock : LF594/LP-A (especially with 594 nm laser excitation).
Omega Optical: XF102-2, XF40-2
The recommended filter sets for spectral separation with orange-red fluorescent proteins*, such as TurboRFP or TagRFP:
Chroma Technology Corp.: 41024 Cy5 Longpass Emission, 49006 ET - Cy5
Semrock: Cy5-4040A, Cy5-4040B, LF594/LP-A
Omega Optical: XF110-2
* The final choice of the filter set should be made basing on the spectral characteristics of the second fluorescent protein.